Posted: 25th April 2023
Location: Blue Ash, Ohio, USA
Employment Type: Blue Ash, Ohio, USA
Closing date for Applications:
Laboratory · Blue Ash, Ohio
About Preventx – Our healthtech is human
Preventx is the UK’s leading provider of remote sexual health services, through innovative digital platforms and our own in-house laboratory which prides itself on providing excellence and quality to customers and service users alike. We are well on our way to opening our first US lab in Cincinnati and you could be part of that growing team.
Our mission is to empower people to take control of their health and wellness, through easy to access and cutting-edge digital healthcare services. In partnership with healthcare providers, Preventx provides public services through a variety of channels.
- Supervision of day-to-day activities in the Laboratory.
- Daily use of high-throughout serological and molecular analysers.
- Ensuring constant compliance with the Quality System, CAPA and CLIA.
- Uploading EQA & IQA.
- Assisting the Quality Team with the Quality System, including (but not limited to) data trending, validation studies and reporting of non conforming work.
- Working in accordance with laboratory policies, including (but not limited to) confidentiality, data protection, code of conduct and waste disposal.
- Ensuring at all times that a high degree of accuracy and precision is applied to methods and procedures through incorporating and promoting good laboratory practice principles.
- Stock management, validation and receipt.
- Reporting to and liaising with the Laboratory Manager
- General Laboratory duties and housekeeping.
- Booking in and preparation of laboratory samples (urine, swab & blood).
- Ensuring that all laboratory work areas are kept clean and tidy.
The preferred candidate will have the following experience, abilities and aptitudes:
- Hold a degree in a relevant scientific subject or have relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of laboratory practice and experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group.
Efficient, adaptable, methodical and organised, with good attention to detail.
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Awareness of cross-contamination avoidance and handling of confidential information is essential.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Please note: Applicants must be authorised to work in the US