Posted: 25th April 2023
Location: Blue Ash, Ohio, USA
Employment Type: Blue Ash, Ohio, USA
Closing date for Applications:
Operations · Blue Ash, Ohio
Our healthtech is human
Preventx is the UK’s leading provider of remote sexual health services, through innovative digital platforms and our own in-house laboratory which prides itself on providing excellence and quality to customers and service users alike.
Our mission is to empower people to take control of their health and wellness, through easy to access and cutting-edge digital healthcare services. In partnership with NHS trusts and local authorities, Preventx provides public services through freetest.me, SH.UK and SHL.UK. We are growing our private, paid service, test.me for people who can’t or don’t wish to use the public sector offerings.
People are at the heart of Preventx. As a team, we are passionate about what we do and are motivated by changing the landscape of public health for the better. When you believe in what you do, that emanates a positive energy and passion that we are proud of.
What we are looking for
This is a newly created and varied role as we’re just embarking on our first Lab in the US. The role will deliver on Quality, Service User Support and Administration so you need to be comfortable flexing across those three key areas. Reporting to the Laboratory Manager you will be employee number 2 in the US and will be part of a growing team with Laboratory Technicians joining the team soon. You will work closely with the established quality and Service User Support teams in the UK but will be the go to person on these areas in the US.
What you’ll do.
Maintain an innovative and effective quality and compliance framework that embeds quality improvement and safety across the business and is systematically monitored and assured
Ensure the company complies with all existing regulatory and legislative business
Identify non-conformances to the quality system(s) or to stated procedures and initiate corrective actions along with further action to prevent or minimise such non-conformances. Review non-conformance investigations and provide feedback where appropriate.
Service User Support
- Manage the Service User Support function
- Provide clerical support/maintain records for the Service User Support function
- Liaise with own and other departments as appropriate
- Answer telephone queries from service users/employees and customers in a professional manner
- Manage the work of the administrative function
- Carry out administrative tasks
- To be accountable for own actions and to manage own workload
- To be able resolve conflict in a professional manner
- To deal any issues /concerns within the scope of practice and escalate to the wider team as appropriate in a timely manner
- To keep accurate and concise records ensuring data protection
- To maintain confidentiality and gain consent when required
Who you are
You’ll have a degree or demonstrable substantial experience in a laboratory or healthcare background. With skills aligned with those shown below:
- Skills working with quality systems and processes
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to manage conflict
- Spanish and English speaking advantageous but not essential
- Able to communicate with various levels of staff
- Work as part of as team
- Demonstrate good verbal and written skills,
- Excellent communicator both face-to-face and on the telephone
- Ability to use tact and empathy
- Required to work flexibly to meet unpredictable demands on the service
This role is quite varied and flexible. The person fulfilling this role should be open and able to a fluid working environment, and be willing and active in engaging in a variety of tasks