Posted: 18th July 2023
Employment Type: Sheffield
Closing date for Applications:
Preventx is the UK’s leading provider of remote sexual health services, through innovative digital platforms and our own in-house laboratory which prides itself on providing excellence and quality to customers and service users alike.
Our mission is to empower people to take control of their health and wellness, through easy to access and cutting-edge digital healthcare services. In partnership with NHS trusts and local authorities, Preventx provides public services through freetest.me, SH.UK and SHL.UK. We are growing our private, paid service, test.me for people who can’t or don’t wish to use the public sector offerings.
People are at the heart of Preventx. As a team, we are passionate about what we do and are motivated by changing the landscape of public health for the better. When you believe in what you do, that emanates a positive energy and passion that we are proud of.
The last two years have been a great year for us (over 1m tests delivered and international expansion in Spain and the Netherlands) and we now have ambitious growth plans in the UK and across Europe.
About the role
This role, reporting to the Quality Manager, will Support all areas of the business in the creation and maintenance of the organisational Quality Management System.
The role will be based at our head office at Meadowhall Business Park, Sheffield. Hybrid working will be considered. The salary range for this role is £24-£26k per annum, depending on experience. Part time or reduced hours will also be considered.
- Contribute to the development of internal QHSE processes and policies and ensure they are adhered to and promoted throughout the company.
- Review and create risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Support the implementation of quality and safety driven cultural change initiatives and help embed organisational values and behaviours.
- Stay aware of current and proposed global requirements and regulations, with particular attention to medical device regulations.
- Support and encourage positive employee communication processes with emphasis on engagement, communication, and continual improvement.
- Develop and maintain compliance with relevant ISO standards (9001, 15189, 27001) by contributing to new and established quality management systems.
- Develop and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements such as the NHS data security and protection toolkit, and CQC by contributing to and developing new and established processes and policies.
- Assist in training staff in quality and regulatory requirements such as nonconformance, CAPA and health and safety related training.
- Investigate and report on complaints, accidents, incidents and near misses and assist with the recommendation and implementation of remedial actions.
- Ensure that documents and records are controlled, held, and maintained in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to, complete, and review internal audits.
- Be responsible for ensuring internal and external quality assurance activities are scheduled and conducted in accordance with standards and regulatory requirements, making recommendations for improvements or change.
- Drive continuous improvement activities within Quality and other areas of the business.
- Initiate, investigate, and close out nonconformities and CAPA as needed and ensure completion within a timely manner.
- Organise, coordinate, participate in and document the minutes for management and quality review meetings.
- Monitor the quality of services provided by suppliers and subcontractors.
- Produce and review data sets for the analysis and evaluation of quality objectives, KPIs and reporting requirements.
The preferred candidate will have the following experience, abilities, and aptitudes:
- Degree preferably in a life science or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Quality Management Systems
- Experience of regulatory inspections
- Health and Safety regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Gather, analyse, use and share data to inform reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work independently
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and will be subject to reference and DBS checks.